Feb. 2012 Statement of Purpose

From early 2012 forward, in addition to providing a compilation of my observations during my grant periods, this blog will be dedicated to education, economic development, business, politics, and linguistics in the Americas.

Sol Cruz Estin

FRIENDLY DISCLAIMER

The views and actions expressed in this blog are my own personal opinion and observation and do not necessarily represent the views of Rotary International, Global Citizen Year, Bert Corona Leadership Institute, the Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBa), Phelps Stokes, the US Department of State, the Fulbright Program, the Fulbright Colombia Commission in Bogotá, the Institute of International Education (IIE), la Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, or Pitzer College. These entries are intended to be informative, personal, honest, and and at times humorous. Please be attentive to this when visiting and reading my blog.

Sincerely,

SCE

Sol's Jam Report

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And While I was Hanging Loose Back in Colombia, my Country is Washing Down the Drain...

Okay, this article just makes me really disgruntled at this point:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f4caf04-b9c8-11df-968f-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss&ftcamp=crm/email/201097/nbe/WorldNews/product

A "new New Deal?" Sounds good to me. Why won't Congress approve this? I swear, nowadays if I proposed a bill to use surplus grain that would otherwise be burned to feed the starving I think it would still get stalled... At least throw California a bone, why don't you!? Put me to work restructuring roads in LA! And maybe give us a high-speed rail link to SF, while you're at it... Bring in the Chinese to advise the constructions: maybe it will even appease their concerns in the currency war... I just don't get this state of affairs. And hey, White House, why don't you at least try to save your own ass and provide me some more accurate and verifiable job creation figures in the proposal, for the love of God!

I shed a tear for the inevitable result of the November midterms... I am even losing my drive to request an absentee ballot for this one... Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment