Alright everyone. I'm new to this blogging business, but we'll see how long I'll survive. The site's now up and running.
Still in little Ashland at the moment... For now, the climate has moderated... But damn was it hot, resembling Claremont, when I arrived on Sunday morning after an all-night jam session in the car with my mom and Colin. Col and I made it through that tiny state of Cali in 12 hours flat, from 8:30 pm to 8:30 am. Had to mash out so we could get away from the Bakersfield stink... (Anyone who's driven up I-5 from L.A. should know what I mean...)
Good goodness is the traffic slow here... I miss SoCal driving...
Well soon enough, I'll be in Cairo, where according to what I've heard I'll likely be crying for my life as I cross the street. Supposedly there will be an absence of traffic signals, and only a nuanced system of honking that only locals understand and that will leave me hopeless at any semblances of "crosswalks." Oh boy. I guess as Aristotle said, there should be a golden mean between all extremes...
Saturday I fly from Medford, Oregon "International" Airport to a truly international airport, that little multi-billion dollar facility slammed in the middle of the ghettos of South-Central Los Angeles we like to call LAX. From there the following morning, Josh Brown, Bennett Cross, the rest of our Claremont Colleges Hillel crew, and I, will embark a 15 hour flight direct to Tel Aviv. Headphones and iPod: check. May/June issue of Foreign Affairs mag: check. Money belt: check. Oh shit, looks like I forgot my yarmulke... Oh well, I'm sure I can bum one of Bennett's... Dude must have one for each day of Hanukkah...
I'll try to write Saturday night, right after Josh and I grab our last greasy plate of authentic Mexican-Angelino grub, just before the big flight.
One.
S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment