Feb. 2012 Statement of Purpose

From early 2012 forward, in addition to providing a compilation of my observations during my grant periods, this blog will be dedicated to education, economic development, business, politics, and linguistics in the Americas.

Sol Cruz Estin

FRIENDLY DISCLAIMER

The views and actions expressed in this blog are my own personal opinion and observation and do not necessarily represent the views of Rotary International, Global Citizen Year, Bert Corona Leadership Institute, the Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBa), Phelps Stokes, the US Department of State, the Fulbright Program, the Fulbright Colombia Commission in Bogotá, the Institute of International Education (IIE), la Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, or Pitzer College. These entries are intended to be informative, personal, honest, and and at times humorous. Please be attentive to this when visiting and reading my blog.

Sincerely,

SCE

Sol's Jam Report

Monday, October 18, 2010

Be Careful at Colombian Amusement Parks!

Well folks, I have to say I enjoyed my first taste of a Colombian amusement park. This past Sunday, during the country's three-day puente, or holiday weekend, we I ventured off about half an hour north of Medellín to Comfama, a ranch-style family gathering place of diversions. My tour guide was a student from my Intercultural Workshop, Juan Felipe Montoya, a good man as excited as a I to try something totally new. While Felipe's girlfriend, Diana, chickened at the last moment before being hoisted by this ride, which I will refer to as the spinning weightless upright merry-go-round, Felipe and I stayed true through the end... Enjoy the footage!

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment