I'm addicted to posting, I know. But this one is important. Below is a video that illustrates the work of Centro Colombo Americano (BNC), an NGO spread out across various Colombian cities, sponsored by the US Embassy, whose mission is to facilitate English learning and stimulate interest in educational opportunities in the United States. The BNCs particularly focus on Afro-Colombians with high levels of educational achievement but economic or social need. It is through the Embassy and the BNCs that I will be giving my presentation series on US College Admissions for International Education Week (IEW), November 15-19. This video should get you oriented with the work of the BNCs:
I will travel to several universities and BNC locations in Medellín, Manizales, and Armenia during IEW. In the latter two, diving head first into the two of the most important sites making up the Colombian Coffee Growers Axis region, or Eje Cafetero, maybe I will also get the chance to finally get my head spinning with a legitimate cup of java, straight from the country's most fertile mountain farms... YES!
Cheers to keeping up the good ol' fight--the one for EDUCATION.
S


No comments:
Post a Comment